So somewhere along the month of March I just disappeared (again), but hey I have… absolutely no excuse except for the fact of school, and I have zero motivation. March proved yet, to be another flop because I had so many high expectations for myself for blogging, but obviously, it didn’t work out 😦 ! BUT I SWEAR ON MY TBR THAT I WILL SUCEED THIS APRIL, NO MATTER WHAT!
- I joined track, and am planning to join more sport teams!! – So rip my poor calves because track is killing me. And it’s just week 1, but it was an amazing opportunity to make even more friends, and I get to stalk the cute boys playing basketball (lol jk). But I’m even more excited to join the volleyball team after spring break, my own gym teacher said I show promise!! Agh, I feel so hyped up just thinking about it!!
- I’m on break – and I have absolutely zero plans. Except for reading, and try to find my motivation to blog, oh and studying (midterms for the second term are right after the break, and my pimples are raging)
- I started binge-watching new shows!! – So you know all that time I planned to work on this blog??? I actually wasted it by watching a whole bunch of new shows! Like 90210, That Man Oh Soo, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (re-watch), Go Back Couple, and of course Supernatural, and Modern Family.
- I’m struggling to find motivation – I don’t know these days it’s so hard to start writing a discussion post, or any post in genearl. That’s sorta one of the reasons why this wrap-up is kinda late. I didn’t really want to push myself soo hard that I end up detesting blogging, which I don’t want to happen. And watching my stats plummel wasn’t really helping, but I understand that the reason behind that is my fault. I’m still going to continue, but it won’t exactly be as frequent.
- I’m getting better at making aesthetics, and gif edits for my favorite edits – Usually after finishing a book I create an aesthetic (something that is visually pleasing to the eye) for the book, and then I post it at my tumblr. I have been getting more notes, and I’m really happy to show these out in the world.
- AUTHORS RETWEET/LIKE SOME OF MY TWEETS – So this started happening around last month, but I posted an aesthetic of Starfish, and the author liked, and retweeted my post. So did other authors like April G. Tucholke (author of Wink Poppy Midnight) , and S.K Ali (author of Saints, and Misfits) lie, and retweet the aesthetics I made! AND I WAS BURSTING WITH HAPPINESS ASDFGHJKL.
P O P U L A R P O S T S
Around the Blogoshphere
- May @ Forever and Everly talks about the privilege in YA bookish community
- Aimee @ Aimme Always talks about 5 books that got her into the YA reading genre
- Cait @ Paperfury talks about authors + their book blogs, and whether or not if it’s helpful.
- Julianna @ Paperblots talks about how to deal with the stress of book blogging (which I totally needed, thanks btw)
The books I read were meh this month, and lets just give me a pat on the back for being able to read 7, okay.
- The Art of Feeling Laura Tims – Okay, talk about the most underrated book EVERRR! Like this book was so good, the writing style was super, the plot, the romance, EVERYTHING WAS JUST FANTASTIC!! Eliot is the perfect cinammon roll, and ugh my heart | 5 stars!!
- The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia – This took me forever to read because I was reading in ebook format, and ugh I hate ebook guys. Like they are prety handy to use, but holding the actual physical book is wayyy better. Anyways, this was… okay?? Like it was intresting, but Marco really got on my nerves. | 3 stars
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Rueter Hapgood – This was such a good, aesthetic-y, and well-written novel! Maybe one of the best I’ve read so far, but the main character was pretty damn annoying, and selfish. Also, it was super confusing, at times?? | 3.5 stars -> 4
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black – THE CRUEL PRINCE WAS GREAT I LOVE IT, I WAS SOBBING BY THE END OF THAT BOOK, JUDE IS AWESOME, I STAN. | 4.5 STAARS!!
- Wink Poppy Midnight – This book was slightly crazy, but it’s dark fantasy reminded me a bit of Cruel Prince, but not as good. But the plotline was pretty intresting, and Leaf sounds hot. | 4 Stars
- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord – Ooooooh this was cute, but was it great?? Not really, I could relate with the MC a bit, but the plot wasn’t that great. Or original. | 4 stars
- The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee – UGH NO THIS WAS NOT FOR ME AT ALL. There was incest, so much girl hate, and unintresting plot line |1 star
- Love, Hate, and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed – I have high expectations for this book, as it does touch upon a subject that is really important to me, and includes some diversity. I am currently liking it, but so far it’s pretty confusing???
- Saints and Misfits by S.K Ali – Another highly anticipated book, and I readsome of it online through my library, and I’m not sure if I really like it?? Like the writing style is really rocky.
- Off the Page by Jodi Picoult, and Samantha van Leer – Randomly picked this up, and it seems really cute. Also Jodi Picoult is a pretty popular author so I couldn’t resist.
- The Rest of Just Live Here by Patrick Ness – Patrick Ness is a really good author, and this book sounds sooo intriguing, and it also got good reviews online! I am excited for this book.
- Immaculate by Katelyn Detweiler – This was just picked up randomly, and the blurb sounds really weird, but interesting enough. It also got pretty good reviews, so it better be worth it because this book is like 300+ pages long.
U P C O M I N G
- a whole bunch of mini reviews
- endings – which type of endings are best for which type of books?
- family relationships in books
- blogging under a pseudonym – good or bad??
G O A L S
- read all the books on this month’s tbr ✔ – I only had two books on my TBR, but I managed to read those, and read 5 more
- KEEP ON DRINKING WATER ❌- nope nope nope nope.
- do really good on the last of my exams (the pressure is on people) ✔ – YASSSSS YA GURL PASSED
- post consistently (at least on discussion, and book review a week❌- NOPE I AM A FAILURE LOL
- read at least 7 books this April
- Write reviews for at least 3 of said books
- Drink more water (plsss)
- Post more often
So that was it for my slightly boring March. How was your month? How many books did you read? What do you have coming up? What were some of your favorite reads?? Any recommendations??