usually every wrap-up i begin with, “x month has passed by soo fast!” well that’s not the case now! january seemed forever to pass along, and i’m happy to start febuary! but i’ll admit the first month of 2018 wasn’t as bad as i thought it would be.
- i started watching supernatural, and riverdale – so i took a break from watching k-drama’s, and anime to focus on these popular american shows! and i have to say it’s going pretty well!!! i love the plot of supernatural, and riverdale is okay.
- MY HUBBIES ARE GETTING ATTENTION INTERNATIONALLY !! – SOOO If you haven’t heard already BTS is gaining a lot of attention in the U.S, and i couldn’t be more prouder. i have been with them since debut, and when they almost disbanded because they were soo broke, and look at them now!! I HAVE MOST OF THEIR ALBUMS, so yeah you can say I am a major ARMY!
- my!! grades!! are!! fabulous – while blogging somewhat good content, but still managing to be in the top 1% in school is an AMAZING FEELING, GUYS I’M SO HAPPY!! asdfghjkl remember school is more important than blogging, so don’t be guilty if you leave for like 5 months to focus on studies!!
- i reached 600 followers! – so somehow while i was on a long hiatus (from most of september to december) i fained 600 followers. the count is actually 630 something. and yay, i’m really happy!! welcome new frennns! i don’t know how i reached these many followers, but i’m so grateful
- i “try” to give my blog a makeover (for the hundreth time) – buuuuuut it backfires, and i end up reverting back to my old design. i’m okay with the design i had since summer, but sometimes i look at other blogs, and then all of a sudden i feel like changing up mine.
- i slowly emerge from my hiatus – like i said ever since school started, i haven’t really gave any thought/attention to my blog (there are comments from august still waiting for a reply. oops), but every since the beginning of this month, i have been slowly posting more, and more, and getting my stats back up. i still haven’t got my schedule set in stone, but honestly i need to work at my entirely slow pace.
- TOP POSTS
i have read 8 books this month, which is suprising because ever since i got a new phone, i haven’t been reading much. but i still read a lot, and i’m happy because reading is LIIIIIFE!
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng – wooow. this book was so heavy, and sent me on an emotional rollacoaster. i loved this book, but it did have it’s downsides (like being extremely slow at times). i also loved the writing style it just sucked you right in | 3.5 -> 4 stars
- Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes – cute, cute. this book was soo cute. first an accurate representation of PSTD. second, girl!! friendships!! are!! everything!!. third, the romance was sooo cute. i loved this book a lot, and really reccomend to anyone | 4.5 -> 4 STARS
- If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I love JLA book so much! so of course i was expecting another great book from her, but sadly no. i didn’t hate this book but i didn’t like it either. i just felt that the main character is just like EVERY OTHER MAIN CHARACTER from JLA books. | 3.5 -> 3 stars
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia – THIS WAS SOOOO CUTE!! I loved the blossoming romance between the characters, and the drawings were wonderful. And another accurate representation of mental illness, wooow | 4 stars check out my aesthetic!
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer – I was super excited to read another Marissa Meyer book, but no it was kinda really annoying. check out my aesthetic! | 3 stars
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – I hate to say this soo early in the year, but this might be the biggest let-down ever. Great representation, but everything else was horrible. Abusive, femal characters, horrible romance, and a weird plot. Definitely, check out my review for further explanation. | 2 stars
- Seven Days of You – Stupidest book ever. This was like watching those dumb reality shows on tv, where everything is fake, and pathetic. I was really hyped up when I found out the setting was in Japan. I was so ready for my anime-binging skills to come in, but the setting wasn’t even important. This could’ve been in New York, New Jersey, and NOTHING WOULD’VE CHANGED | 2 stars
- A Week of Mondays – At first I was really hatin this book, but then gradually I really, really, really liked it! My full review will be posted sometime this week or next week! |4 stars
- Enter Title Here by Rahul Kanakia – This is my current read, and it has an Indian rep! I didn’t here about this a lot, but the plot is pretty interesting.
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia – Yup, the same author who wrote Eliza and Her Monsters. I loved that book so much I couldn’t help myself when it came to this one.
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman – Heard a lot of things about this book from good to super bad, but I wanted to give this out a chance.
not that much planned for this month!
some my favorite posts from my favorite bloggers!
- Julianna @ Blots of Inks and Words posts about important inventions we bookworms need! let me just say, julianna SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
- Cait @ Paperfury (a.k.a the blogging queen) writes about 8 types of tbr’s.
- May @ Forever and Everly writes a super important post about the importance of rep in books. This post made me spill out my inner anger about how there are too little diverse book.
- Julianna @ Blots of Ink and Words writes a fantastic review on The Valiant. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY (again).
- Aimee @ Aimee, Always writes an awesome, and detailed review on Warcross (which I still need to read)
- A Week of Mondays Review
- Self-Care tips
- How to write negative reviews
- how to spot problematic book
so that was it for my month, how was yours?? I haven’t been around the blogosphere as much as I wanted to be, hence the small posts :), but i plan on getting to know some new blogs this month!! How many book did you read, and that was your most favorite one? I need new recs for books, and tv shows! !