Hello everyone! On today’s discussion post I’m going to be talking about something that is widely known as a bit of a ‘taboo’ topic. I am a bit worried about how people react, but it’s not like I’m having a mini-breakdown *laughs nervously*
Today, I’m going to talk about book bloggers being paid to review book. The reason why this is claimed to be a sensitive topic is because there are a lot of people who are very against this.
Reasons Why Monetizing Book Bloggers Has Strike Dislike In Some People
- They wouldn’t know whether too trust that person or not. After all, they are getting paid. People might believe that the reviewer is saying great things about a book or anything really) solely because they are getting money out of it.
- Because the blogger is getting paid, the blogger is only in it for money.
- Because they are already getting paid. In books. Publishers can give bloggers print advanced copies of a book to review. These ARC’S take time and money to send out, and make. So why should this publisher pay even more for a review??
Personally, I wouldn’t want to get paid to review simpily for the following reasons
- I don’t want to get my reason for blogging mixed up with money. I didn’t start blogging for money. Heck, I didn’t even know that one could get paid for blogging, until I came across Pinterest. It never really did cross my mind
- I don’t really think I need to get paid for blogging, because I might get ARC’S (one day). I think that alone is a huge privilege
- It wouldn’t work out anyway. As Ashley from NoseGraze explains in this post, we don’t get enough page-views than other different blogger niche’s (like fashion, lifestyle, health, and fitness). So this means sponsored posts wouldn’t pay us enough anyways.
How To Get Paid For Blogging.
Because there are some ambitious folk among you, I have done extensive
googling research on how to get paid for book blogging. Here are 3 ways to make money
- Start a separate business – This business can be anything from beta service, web designing, creating themes, making art stuff.
- Amazon Affiliate links – One wouldn’t get much from this, but it’s still a way to make some $$$
- Sponsored posts- I mean it makes me feel pretty weird, but it’s still on the table.
What are your thoughts on making money for book blogging? Would you ask publishers to pay you fro reviewing? Or would you make money some other way? It’s totally okay if you disagree!