Everyone knows that a best part for a blogger is comments. And what better way is too spread the love, than to comment back?
That’s the basic concept behind blog-hopping. And today, I’m going to discuss the pro’s, and cons of this blogging feature.
- Shows more appreciation to your followers – Commenting back to other websites helps show that you care about your followers, and their participation in your blog.
- Encourages more comments – This is basically you maintaining a healthy, blogger-viewer relationship with the people who comment on your blog. If you comment back on their blog, most likely they will come back and comment on another post. Which means you’re happy!
- Encourages more follows – A lot of people on my post about why I would follow a blog, stated that they will follow a blog where there is communication between blogger, and viewer.
- Discovery of more blogs – When you are going to comment back on someone’s blog, chances are you will probably like their blog as well. I’m always in constant need of following blogs (I don’t why, but I just like following a lot of people), and blog hopping solves that problem for me.
- Discovery of more friends – Like I said above, people are most likely going to comment back, if you comment back! This could strengthen the bond between you, and encourage you to make friends of the blog hopping community. I met a lot of people through blog-hopping!
- Can become a chore – I try to comment on other peoples post. And at first, it was really fun getting to meet other people. But as my blog grew, I was more busier with replying to my own comments, and hardly blog-hopped at all. And that was kinda upsetting, because I loved to this before.
- Not interested – Blog hopping can be pretty hard because at times the content of one’s website does not interest you. So what can you comment back on? This happens if the blog is not in the same niche as you.
I’m totally in the yes for blog-hopping. To be honest, I think there are more pro’s, than con’s when it comes to blog hopping. It is such a fun experience.
Tips for blog hopping
- Set a date, and time that works for you
- Find out more blogs by using twitter (believe me, thousands of blogs will come flying your way)
- Or to find about more blogs, start from the people who comment on your own!
- Join linkups!
So that’s my (very important) opinion on blog hopping. I love it! What about you? Are you for or against blog hopping? What are some pro’s, and con’s you can think of? And what are some tips you can give me for blog hopping?