Heyyy everyone! 😝
Welcome to another discussion post on my blog! Today I am going to discuss bookstgram. Bookstagram is basically an Instagram, but you take pictures of books. A lot of books. In this post, I’ll be discussing the pro’s, and con’s of bookstagramming.
What Is A Bookstagram?
Like, I said a bookstagram is an Instagram account, but rather than taking pictures of yourself, you take pictures of books! It’s a great way to rave about a cover, and spread some book buzz!
- Meet new friends – The internet is a great place too meet new people. Instagram is just a small part of this vast world. But it is very large. In Instagram I met soo many people who share the same taste as me, and my DM’S are filled with CAPS-LOCKS messages about this certain book.
- Earn some more followers – If your pictures are really good, most people will probably check out your links. I’m speaking this from personal experience, because I do this myself. I check out peoples instagram, if they have a blog I check it out, and if it’s too my liking I’ll follow them!
- Find your new hobby – Although, I am on a hiatus taking pictures of books was kind of my hobby. Before (or sometimes after) I read a book, I usually take a photo. Before long, it became a habit.
- Satisfying – Just looking at your great feed, that YOU worked hard on can be so satisfying. It could also can give you a confidence boost, and who doesn’t mind that?
- Time-consuming – Not everyone has time too spend hours waiting for the perfect lighting, and getting props ready for books. Plus, making tags takes forever!
- Stressful – There are so many components for a bookstagram to be good. Perfect lighting, aesthetic feed, hashatgs, captions… It can be pretty stressful. You’re expecting likes, follows, and comments. And if you don’t… you can feel pretty dissapointed.
- Too much materials – You need lighting, a good camera, props, and that amounts too a lot of $$$. And money don’t grow on trees, people.
I do have an Instagram account, but I am currently in hiatus. I don’t know if I’m going back too taking pictures. I think other people should definitely try it out, because you never know what is going to inspire you!
Will you ever make a bookstagram? Do you have one? What’s your username,
so I could stalk you? What is your stance on bookstagram? And a fun bookish question: What is your favorite character 😛 ?