Lately, I have been following a lot of blogs (not just book blogs, a variety of them) and I have seen that most of them have a lot in common. So today I’m writing about the things that me follow any blog! This can help you improve your blog, and give you some ideas.
1.) Pretty Designs
The first thing a person does when they click on another persons blog, the design usually is the first thing they see. If they don’t like what they see, most likely they will close that tab. Some key essentials in a blog design, I look for are:
- Specific Theme Color – Colors that show up in the blog, that accent each other (ex: purple and gold)
- Header – I usually think the header is really important in a blog because it represents their their website. If it’s really pretty, or classy I’m more prone too look for the follow button
- Sidebar – Another important factor. A sidebar should have a neat spacing, showing things like SOCIAL MEDIA, and THE FOLLOW BUTTON. Also, goodreads if they are a book blog.
- Featured Images – Featured images that have a consistency, meaning they have sort of a same style. While some people might think: “that’s not original, that’s boring!” I think it shows that the blog is professional in it’s designs. Oh, and it also has to match the theme of the blog as well.
- Fonts – I usually like the brush/script fonts, and I know a lot bloggers do too. I love scripty fonts soo much, and love blogs who have them too!
Of course the main part of a blog, is what they WRITE in a blog! After seeing the design, I go on too just reading what him/her is posting about. I like blogs that delve into unique topics that are not widely talked about in the world.
- Discussion posts should be interesting, and organized.
- Regular posts should also be interesting/organized with a writing, in which I get to see the personality of the blogger. It should also be able to teach me something (but this doesn’t have to be all the time).
- ALSO in the end of section, I like it when there is a commenting prompt, as it encourages me to comment.
and speaking of comments…
I really like it when bloggers have a strong relationship with their . I really get that bloggers are busy, and won’t have much time to reply too comments, but it’s not impossible. It’s also important to this in case, someone has questions.
4.) Easy Navigation
Some blogs have no widget/menu option that takes you to the ‘home’ place where there latest posts are. Usually there is a welcome post, but there is no last posts page. How am I supposed too know what they wrote, and such?
5.) Consistent Posts
I don’t expect a full on schedule, but I like blogs to at least post 2 times a week. I used to be very strict on my schedule, but I got really stressed about it. So now I try to post as consistnetly as possible. Using book memes like, waiting on wednesday helps.
Soo I like blog who also posts consistently, because who likes an absent blogger?
Soo that’s what I look for in a blog. What do you look for in a blog? Do you agree with my list? Do you disagree? How many blogs do you follow? Why do you follow my blog? What’s an important factor to you when it comes to follow a blog?